Tuesday, January 12, 2010

too much work, not enough knitting :-)

Actually, that's not true.  I have been knitting a lot!  have finished the Kai-Mei socks from CookieA, and am now starting on a 2nd pair for the daughter of the recipient of the 1st pair.  No pics.  Yes, I know you can't tell if I actually made them if you don't have pics to oooh (or ugh) over, but I'll do a pair comp shot when I finish the second pair.  Trust me when I say the lacy bit on the foot is a beast, and worked best for me using 3 yo instead of 4 on row 6.  It's really loose with 4.  I think it looks neater with 3.  Of course, that could just be the way I knit :-)

Still working on the Baby Reefer Jacket from Cotton Knits For All Seasons for a friend.  Should be done by now, but I forgot how boring stockinette can be, especially if you are knitting something that's only 4 inches wide.  It's like a super long swatch, I hate swatches.  Need some cables or something to break up the monotony.  Unfortunately that's not in the pattern, but if I had thought of it before.................................hmmmmm..................................there are more babies coming...................................but do I want to make them something, that's the question......................

On the Furhman front, I have now lost a total of 28lbs since October 17th '09.  Very happy! To see that, just as i was bemoaning how tired i was getting of vegetables, and that i wanted a bacon cheeseburger.  That gives me the resolve to stick with it, and maybe go through with phase 2 - actually hit Pacers and buy a new pair of running shoes.  I want to start running again.  I think I may have lost enough weight to not feel so bad when I do it this time.  Gotta give that some thought.  When I was running with Coach Carla, I got to the point where it was physically uncomfortable for me to run sometimes.  I feel better now, so I may be ready.  I think as a reward I may have to knit something for me!  New sweater?  New socks?  What to do, what to do.


No comments: