Saturday, September 16, 2006

Secret Pal 9

Okay, just signed up for secret pal. Can't wait to see how this works. I have been toying with the idea of joining for a while, and the one has opened so I finally did it. Very excited.
Beach camping. It was the camping story from hell and I loved it. Our dining tent was overrun by wild horses! See, it has two new doors :-)



Ahhh, knittng. Made some progress on the shawl and the cable sweater. About 4 inches of sweater and a lot of shawl, only 10 inches left of that and then it's on to the border. The lace is fun. I feel more confident as I go along, and almost ready to tackle another one. I am getting used to the color and I think I may keep it. I mean, I have considered giving it to mom, but I think she would like a nice bold, solid color (or a nice plain black or white), plus she's making her own. Granny squares. Teeny, tiny granny squares.





I do have to go see mom soon because we are going to do the caps to the capitol project ( savethechildren.org or warmupamerica.org ). It seems like a really cool thing to do, and a great way to get rid of 6 skeins of pale green fingering yarn that has been sitting in my stash for years and years and years. Got it from my sister. It's a very pretty green, but it's so darn thin! Probably going to double strand it.

Also working on a differnt pair of socks and having difficulty. I do not like little needles. Hate 'em. I think the needles are too small. Actually they probably aren't, I'm just not used to them and too impatient to work them properly. I am determined to finishe these socks though. I should have done them as toe-up. It seems to go much faster that way.

No comments: