1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Not overly fond of acrylics, hate fur, not overly fond of eyelash either. Like simple straight forward stuff (mohair, angora, 100% wool, silk, cotton and the like).
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Right now I am using a looseleaf binder with page pockets for my circulars, a roll up needle holder for the straights, and a canister for my dpns.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting off and on for about 20 years of so, but I still consider myself an intermediate beginner.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yep!
5. What's your favorite scent? Love gardenias. I also like jasmine.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes I have a sweet tooth. I like caramels, gummy stuff (like bears and fish), almost everything. Just a reminder, chocolate is not a candy, it's a food group and I am a firm beliver in consuming as much as possible of that particular group :-)
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I don't spin, but would love to learn. I do a little beading sometimes.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like classical, rock, jazz, r&b, lots of indie (like ani difranco), cajun is a new favorite, I have pretty open tastes. I like very little country.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love blues, reds, jewel tones mostly.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a cat named Ashleigh.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Love hats, scarves and mittens. Ponchos are not on my list of favorite things. Shrugs are good though.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like knitting sweaters and mittens.
13. What are you knitting right now? I am currently knitting Cozy (starting it for the 3rd time, but this time is the charm) and a pair of socks.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Love handmade gifts.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Prefer bamboo to aluminum, aluminum over plastic. Like circs over straights, because i have a tendency to lose needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Nope, would love either.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 3 years, still working on that sweater.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Tea pots. Love tea and the pots you brew them in (or cups you brew them in too).
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I lust after Lantern Moon anything. The needles are beautiful and feel so wonderful in your hands.
I fondle Alchemy yarns on a regular basis.
I have subscriptions to Interweave Knits and Adorn.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Intarsia. I have a few patterns I would love to try. Spinning. Would really like to learn to do that. Lace. I get really confused with all the counting, but I love the end product (have finished only one project).
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am a sort of sock knitter. I like to knit big easy fast socks, although I fantasize about finishing my multicolor bluey-red stripey socks *sigh*
Foot measurements are 10 inches long and 7 inches around.
23. When is your birthday? April 21st
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? i'm on the list.