Tuesday, December 05, 2006

day 1 - Peppermint Tea

Today I started my Advent Calendar, the one I recieved from my sp.  
Yes, I know it's late, but I claim illness fogged my brain.  It was sitting right next to my
computer, but it didn't register that the first was time to start! I've never done an Advent
event before.  This just puts me in the spirit of the holiday in a different way.  With working in retail, I tend to focus on the whole sales aspect of it, not the meditative thankful aspects of it.
It's nice to be reminded to sit back and take a bit of a break.  
So I just opened it and welcomed the aroma of peppermint.  Yummm.
Thanks Sabine! 

On the needles:
Well, the red and charcoal bag is done, but for the felting.  Now that means I am 6 knitted 
projects, and one check (niece needs cash for school trip to Canada, hope she knows this means
no present, or that this is her present) down, just 4 more to go.  I think the Balloon Bag will be
too big for the younger niece, so I am making her the larger of these It should be just small enough for a gameboy, a couple of games and a lip balm.  That should be perfect.  so far it's not
too big and I should be able to finish it today.  Way cool!  Pics to follow.  I still need to find little patterns for things like caps and beanies.  Just two more projects and my goal of finishing
knitted gifts for the bulk of the family will be reached!
Yea!!!!

No comments: